“Ambitious and maritime focussed service engineer with strong communication skills”
As a Service Engineer at Wärtsilä SAM Electronics, you will be responsible for all kind of repairs on board ships on our Automation, Navigation and Communication equipment, as well as the installation, commissioning and maintenance of this equipment. You will be working on a wide range of client vessels such as, commercial cargo, offshore, fishery, yachts, navies, etc.
In this position you will be working on full integration of all electric and electronics systems on board of our clients. The level of system integration varies from a package delivery of products, included related engineering, to complete system integration. Thanks to you we are able to provide an efficient and reliable service, maintenance and repair network.
Your office and workshop is located in Rotterdam, with a working area in the main harbours of the Benelux and occasionally world-wide.
• You are responsible for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of all kind of, Automation, Navigation and Communication equipment on board at our client’s vessels.
• Troubleshooting and performing route cause analysis on the customer’s equipment.
• Create service reports related to the executed services.
• Inform internal and external stakeholders such as the customer, service coordination, sales spare parts and account manager, regarding your activities on-site.
• You make sure you are equipped with the needed tools and parts needed on your project.
• You have a secondary vocational degree in electrical engineering, electronics or similar.
• A technical background preferably within a service position in, Automation Navigation or Communication systems.
• You hold a minimum of 2 years of experience in handling installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting activities on board.
• Affinity with configuration and installation of various network devices and services.
• Structured, good attention to detail and self-motivating.
• You have strong communication & problem solving skills.
• You have an excellent customer understanding.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Dutch.
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers. Select ‘Netherlands’ and the position you like to apply for.
In case you have questions about the procedure please contact Dré Schellekens (Corporate Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 28558033 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.