- Maintain and operate the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures and operation profile/plan.
- Recondition, overhaul and sub-assembly engine and auxiliary equipment components.
- Carry out inspections of all mechanical and pneumatic equipment and take corrective actions when needed.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lock out and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Assist O&M Engineer as required.
- Coach and mentor other technicians and general labour.
- Ensure that the working area, machines, auxiliary equipments and tools are kept in good and clean condition.
- Create work reports according to guidelines.
Cost awareness & effectiveness
Quality, safety, environment skills
Charge air system
Compressed air systems
Cooling water systems
Emission reduction systems
Exhaust gas system
Injection support systems
Lubricating oil systems
Sludge reduction systems (Effluent handling system)
Engine knowledge, medium speed
Trouble shooting, mechanical
Measurement equipment, mechanical
Technical drawings and flow charts
Equipment/plant condition & efficiency monitoring and control
BSC Degree or equivalent technical education 5 Years experience in DG Power plants, Experience in Caterpillar, MTU and MAK engines.
mixed experience with Wartsila Engines is an added advantage
|Job area||Contract Delivery|