Wärtsilä FUNA International, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates to fill AV Systems Engineer positions located in Orlando, FL. The AV Systems Engineers will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
The AV Systems Design Engineers shall perform functions supporting the engineering efforts of audio, video and control systems and other peripheral tasks related to or in conjunction with the engineering of such systems. Qualified candidates will be well-versed in A/V/C systems commonly found in entertainment venues such as theme parks, cruise ships, museums, exhibits, restaurants, and convention facilities, but may possess a strong expertise in a given focus discipline. Qualified candidates shall be able to design and engineer a solution; CAD the resulting drawing packages using AutoCAD; support the procurement, fabrication, installation, and commissioning efforts of said design; provide documentation of the design; support and troubleshoot the system as needed. Qualified candidates may also cover areas of responsibility outside of the project related duties. Candidate must be willing to travel as much as 50%.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform preemployment substance abuse testing and background checks.
The AV Systems Engineers perform a wide range of duties including some or all of thefollowing:
• Design and/or Engineer the details of technical systems conceived either internally within the company or by an outside
• Produce designs that are safe, efficient, functional, and meet or exceed a high level of standard.
• Generate CAD drawings and other documents including single lines, rack elevations, layouts, cable schedules, construction
details, power and heat loads, written specifications, equipment specifications, programming specifications and other
documents as required to convey the details of the system design in a professional manner.
• Prepare and respond to RFIs to clearly address and clarify the exchange of project information.
• Provide and validate equipment lists and specifications as required by purchasing department for pricing and product
• Provide engineering support to sales department to assist with project cost estimating and related efforts in preparing
• Provide engineering support to fabrication and integration teams as required to resolve any issues and verify that the
system meets the specifications and design set forth by Engineering.
• Provide engineering support for FAT and SAT test procedures to verify that system performance meets specifications and
quality standards. Produce FAT and SAT documents and reports.
• Manage an on-site team throughout the installation process of a project, with potential for full Project Management as
needed depending on Project Size and Scope.
• Participate in commissioning of technical systems on site and assist in handover and training efforts.
• Work in a team environment on multiple projects under the direction of a Lead Engineer, Project Manager, and/or
Engineering Manager. Must be available to potentially adjust working hours to local time zone of client or project
• Travel as required for meetings, training, trade shows, or other company activity.
• Travel to domestic and international job sites (with possibility for extended periods)for commissioning, programming,
site survey, or other project related functions as needed.
• Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Engineering Manager.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Proficient in Windows based PC environment, including MS Office.
• Familiarity of current products and trends in the AV industry.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask on multiple projects.
• Ability to work well with others in a group or team structure.
• High attention to detail.
• Independent, self-motivated, driven. Does not require strong supervision.
• College or equivalent industry experience.
• Experienced in the engineering of audio/video/control systems in the entertainment industry. 5 or more years desired.
• Knowledge of computer networks; especially as it pertains to AV systems and their specific requirements.
• Advanced IT networking expertise a plus.
• Programming experience in either traditional programming languages (VB, C#, C++) or entertainment venue control systems
(AMX, Crestron, Medialon, Alcorn McBride)a plus.
• Programming experience in audio DSP systems (Q-Sys, BSS, Biamp, Media Matrix) a plus.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.