Are you a FPGA guru to whom VHDL and digital signal processing are daily vocabulary? Do you have passion to develop FPGA applications for industrial applications / engine controls? In case you answered Yes, this position might be the dream job for you. Join our team of talented engine control team and jump in to world of challenges of FPGA development!
Wärtsilä Marine Solutions, Engines Technology business unit is looking for FPGA expert to join Platform Software team in Engine Performance & Control department. Position is located in Vaasa, Finland and requires willingness to work also in on-call-duty.
Your main responsibility is to develop FPGA for UNIC deliveries.
- Cylinder pressure development for UNIC platform
- Define FPGA architecture design
- Tools and development environment to be used
- Testing strategy for FPGA
- The lifecycle responsibility of the FPGA development
- Release of FPGA delivery
- Responsible quality of FPGA
- Define acceptance testing criteria of FPGA delivery
- Contribute on peer design review
- Technical risk identification
- Requirements collection
For more information about Wärtsilä UNIC system, please check http://bit.ly/UNIC_System_Wärtsilä
- MSc. (Eng.) or BSc (Eng.) in software development / embedded system
- Previous experience of FPGA development using VHDL and / or software development and / or Embedded Linux
- Experience of developing on large Altera and Xilinx FPGAs
- Experience of developing with VDHL, Simulink
- Strong quality mind-set
- Good English skills are essential in our multi-national working environment
- Good communication skills.
|Contact person to give further information||
Leif Strandberg, Senior Manager, Platform Software
Mobile +358 40 779 2207
|Job area||Research & Development|