Superintendent Engineer specializing in Non-Wartsila Equipment.
Global Focus on leading and training local resources in non-OEM products.
Working on-site both within Wartsila facilities as well as on customer premises globally.
• Lead on site work with teams of internal and external manpower.
• Interface with customer on a daily basis and manage on-site activities.
• Hands-on execution of overhauls of propulsion equipment.
• Train local resources in the proper procedures and ways of working.
• Perform on-site inspections and based on these inspections advise customer on possible maintenance, repairs or retrofits on propulsion related equipment.
• Participate with improvement of new products.
• Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on (sea) trial runs and testing of propulsion equipment according to instructions and protocols
• Promote Wartsila Products and Services.
• Prepare timesheets, service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality
• Provide internal and external work reports according to Wartsila standards.
• Ability to read and understand Mechanical/electrical drawings
• Extensive Knowledge of ships propulsion related equipment
• Knowledge of hydraulic equipment
• Knowledge of Mechanical equipment
• Knowledge of pneumatic systems
• Knowledge of metric system
• Leadership skills
• Willingness and ability to work away from home for more than 250 Days per year.
Bachelor's degree in general technical field.
• Mid-level Technical schools or Vocational (preferably Mechanical engineering) and several (min 5-7 years) related experience as a:
• Mechanical Superintendent on Propulsion products (Transverse Thrusters, Azimuth Thrusters, and/or Controllable Pitch Propellers.)
|Job area||Service Delivery|