|Position description||Wartsila currently have a vacancy for a Cell Leader to join our Manufacturing team within Seals and Bearings in Havant.|
1. To facilitate the efficient manufacture of components, whilst constantly improving methods and procedures, to reduce cost and time required without compromising quality.
2. To ensure that all components leaving the workshop are made & finished in adherence to local Work-To screens and schedules.
3. To ensure that PPE is readily available and worn at all times where required. To actively promote and monitor a safe working environment with regular safety walks.
4. To plan, facilitate and supervise the work of the Team assigned to their area, whilst encouraging a team environment by recognising the strengths of that team and using them to their advantage.
5. To champion Innovation and Continuous Improvement projects in their area of responsibility.
6. To be responsible for the results of their team.
• Proven ability to lead and motivate teams.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact positively with people from a number of functions and levels within the organization.
• Data driven and process orientated.
• Time management, scheduling and prioritization skills.
• Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining extremely high +QDCPS standards.
• Technical problem solving skills. GCSE Level A-C, BTec first certificate or equivalent NVQ level 2 qualification Experience of leading small group activities to drive improvement ideas.
• Experience of assisting and developing (multi-skilled) people.
• Strong PC skills and experience of packages such as Excel and Standard Analyses: Purchasing Information System (SAP).
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and recognised QC tools.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including ISO14001 and responsibilities
• Knowledge of Quality standard TS16949.
• Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work.