1 Position: Service Engineer, Seals and Bearings (S&B)
Reporting to: Field Service Coordinator, Propulsion/S&B
Location: Open, but preferred locations are Houston, New Orleans, or Ft. Lauderdale.
Service Engineer specializing in Wartsila Seals and Bearings Portfolio Equipment.
Performing complex mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting on ocean going vessels .
Working on-site at customer premises both within USA as well as internationally.
• Perform on-site inspections, maintenance, and overhauls on customer S&B equipment.
• Manage jobs in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Participate with improvement of new products.
• Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on (sea) trial runs and testing of S&B equipment according to instructions and protocols
• Promote Wartsila Products and Services.
• Prepare timesheets, service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality
• Ability to read and understand Mechanical/electrical drawings
• Knowledge of Sealing equipment, (Lip Seals, Face Seals, Mechanical Seals.)
• Knowledge of Bearing Equipment, (White Metal, Composite, Oil Lubricated/Water Lubricated.)
• Knowledge of alignment fundamentals a plus.
• Knowledge of ships propulsion related equipment.
• Knowledge of Mechanical equipment
• Knowledge of pneumatic systems
• Knowledge of metric system
• Leadership skills
Bachelor's degree in general technical field.
• Mid level Technical schools or Vocational (preferably Mechanical engineering) and several (min 3 years) related experience as a:
• Ships engineer min 3rd assistant engineer
• Navy petty officer within propulsion/machinery plant
• Mechanic/Engineer in offshore industry
• Maintenance engineer in process related industry (mechanical/electrical)
• Electrical / Mechanical engineer on Diesel Engines or Propulsion products
• Electrician / Mechanical Technician on large industries or refinery
• Electrical / Mechanical officer on Ships.
|Job area||Service Delivery|