|Position description||The Design Engineer will support, new and existing products for Wärtsilä Valves alongside the production of specifications for proposals and manufacture across the product portfolio.|
• Provide specifications to communicate solutions for the quotation, supply and operation of Valves.
• Produce, manage and maintain technical documentation necessary to complete projects and support product areas as allocated by the Design Manager.
• Production of design & customer documentation packages, maintain product design/technical files and co-ordinate the development of product documentation and reports as required.
• Production of manufacturing and purchasing technical specifications (including detail drawings and item lists) for manufacturing and supply purposes
• Ensure that drawing and documents are following general international standards and Wärtsilä guidelines and standards and that the documented information is correct in terms of content, quality and functionality.
• Creation and control of technical support information to support the product portfolio from manufacture, assembly, test, operation and overhaul
• Provide support to intercompany account and end users as required.
• Technical problem solving and resolution both in house and externally
• Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with Wärtsilä design, safety, quality and procedural standards, and also complies with the relevant national and international legislation applicable to the specific products.
• Maintain accuracy & good attention to detail.
• Release of documentation into the company documentation and design management system
• Maintain compliance with all ISO standard and H&S for which the company has accreditation or is working to achieve accreditation.
• Customer value understanding
• Design process
• Lifecycle cost understanding
• Technical communication
• Lean philosophy
• Communication skills
• Cost awareness & effectiveness
• Teamwork skills
• Quality, safety & environmental skills
• Experience in the use of 2D and 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred) for the design.
• The ability to create product definition data sets, check and approve design drawings.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills - experience of FEA would be advantageous.
• The ability to distil product requirements from a variety of specifications is essential.
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.