|Position description||This temporary (18 months) position is located in Trieste, Italy and you report to the Supplier Development Manager.|
The SDE within PCLB SCM will:
- Identify, develop and execute Supplier Development actions for category team’s scope of supply
- Monitor and analyze supplier performance and give guidance accordingly
- Take ownership and action on Quality, Delivery and Cost activities utilizing defined Supplier Development tools (e.g. supplier audit, VMS supplier assessment, WPAP-PQAP, etc.)
- Secure that suppliers are complying with the requirements of Wärtsilä provided in drawings, designs, specifications and instructions
- Update relevant supplier's quality documentation in IDM (VMS,WPAP, PQAP, PCPA, etc)
- Solid understanding of sourcing and supply management.
- Process development and project management knowledge coupled with a strong focus on problem solving, quality, speed and cost
- Knowledge of manufacturing process and testing with expertise on casting and machining
- ND testing knowledge
- Able to work in a distributed team and self-driven approach
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent command in English, both oral and written and good networking capacity, willingness to travel
- Experience in working with Continuous Improvement Process tools regarding Quality, Delivery and Cost (Kaizen, 5S, 6 Sigma, TQM, etc.), knowledge of SD toolbox, SAP and Wärtsilä’s reporting tool are seen as advantages
University / Polytechnic Degree in Industrial Engineering and/or Business or equivalent education.
Manufacturing/Technical background & experience.
Can do attitude and result oriented working method At least two years of experience in sourcing, engineering or quality positions.
|Contact person to give further information||
For further information,please contact
Supplier Development Manager
tel. +39 040 3195000
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|