“French speaking Quality Engineer who can lead the Dutch Quality team”
As a Quality Engineer, you will find yourself in the logistic heart of the exiting world of the nuclear spare parts business. You’re responsible to monitor all aspects of product quality for all spare parts supplied by internal and external suppliers to our International based nuclear clients. You monitor associated production and/or warehousing processes in relation to the specific spare parts and guarantee the correct level of quality.
You are part of the Nuclear Services organization. Wärtsilä designs, manufactures and delivers Emergency Diesel Generator (EDG) sets at various Nuclear power plants. Wärtsilä Services provides lifecycle support for these installations which are for obvious reasons under very strict nuclear regulations. Traceability of each critical spare part is a prime requirement including all kind of witness and holding points during the manufacturing process.
The Wärtsilä Global Logistics Center (CDC) in Kampen (The Netherlands) manages the entire logistics chain of Wärtsilä Spare Parts (also for the Nuclear Services organization), going from order intake to customer delivery. You are located in Kampen and report directly to the General Manager Services Nuclear Quality Management.
• Conduct quality inspections of spare parts (non-destructive testing) and coordination of inspectors upon request.
• You are responsible that all incoming and outgoing spare parts meet the nuclear standards and contractual requirements. Complete the reports, verify supplier documentation and coordinate compliances. Review and approve the nuclear documents.
• Plan and perform the final inspection with End customer at the Central Distribution Center in Kampen. Participate in internal and external audits.
• You manage the local team in Kampen (5 people).
• Participate in development of local methods, procedures and systems to improve the quality of the products, productivity or EHS performance.
• Make sure that nuclear objectives is taken into account and that the full control is well implemented in the CDC Kampen processes.
• Ensure that necessary procedures are developed and maintained to fulfill internal requirements.
• Facilitate all relations between Supply Management, Operations and CDC Kampen teams.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in engineering or equivalent.
• Extensive working experience within quality and international logistics environment.
• Relevant experience with the nuclear or oil & gas industry is a strong plus.
• You have excellent communication skills in French and English, both oral and written. Dutch is an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of quality continual improvement methods, documentation management, management systems, quality methods & tools and quality standards.
• Team managerial experience would be great. A true team player with a proactive approach and good planning and target setting. You’re action orientated and take decisions.
• You make change happen and are focussed on achieving results.
• Excellent communicator with good organizational and analytical skills and cultural sensitive.
• Customer focused with a service minded attitude.
• Third party certified NDT Level 2 qualification in following methods. Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT).
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: email@example.com.
|Job area||Quality and Operational Development|