Wärtsilä is building a corporate-level team to drive the digital transformation of our company, and UX Design plays a key role in this transformation. Being a UX Design Lead at Wärtsilä offers a unique opportunity to disrupt traditional businesses on a global scale. As part of a small but highly skilled and focused Design team you will have a direct impact on safety, efficiency and predictability of our customer's operations, helping both them and Wärtsilä grow.
The Lead UX Designer for Online and Mobile products and services maintains a corporate-wide visibility, and is responsible for aligning the solutions developed within our different business lines. This can be in the form of actively participating in practical user research and design work with internal development teams, or via guiding and managing external design partners and vendors. This role will also actively support the incubation process of new digital businesses.
We are looking for someone who is humble and yet persistent, and can communicate clear design visions that people want to follow. The ideal person for this role is comfortable with being in close contact with both internal and external stakeholders, and is an expert at finding explicit and tacit user needs from fragmented sources. To be successful in this role you need to be highly self-motivated and organised, and driven by a passion to make a larger impact on a strategic level, even if it initially requires taking many smaller steps.
Preferred locations are Singapore and Finland, also others can be considered.
- Manage user research, development tasks and new requirements within own functional area of Online and Mobile UX Design.
- Communicate with and inform relevant stakeholders about user research, ongoing development and follow-ups on these.
- Support, consult and participate primarily in customer-facing development projects, and secondly in internal development projects.
- Support Wärtsilä’s digital business incubation process and projects.
- Manage the guidelines and documentation related to the own functional area of Online and Mobile UX Design.
- Align way of working and tools with best development practices.
- Be responsible for delivering UX Design solutions in optimal alignment with customer needs and business requirements.
- MA or equivalent in UX Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design or similar subject preferred. BA or Bsc in Computer Science, Human-Machine Interaction or similar with a strong UX Design track record also considered.
- 5-7 years of professional design experience. 1-3 years in a Senior or Lead role.
- Strong background with qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Keen eye for visual detail and ability to translate brands into experiences.
- Strong background working with front-end development.
- Experience in Agile development methods.
- Courage and passion to drive change by own example in a large organisation.
- Experience in B2B sector and big data visualisation is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Familiarity with multiple languages and cultures is an advantage.
- Available to travel 30-50 days/year.
Please remember to attach a portfolio or a link to your previous work online to the application.
|Contact person to give further information||
Head of UX Design
+358 50 336 8474 (please note the EET time zone +2 GMT)
|Job area||Quality and Operational Development|