Investigation laboratory function of Technical Services is looking for an Investigator to Investigation laboratory, to focus on large bore engine component investigation requests. Investigation Laboratory team concentrates on investigations of failed/ damaged engine components received from field. Investigator will join the lab team dedicated to find reason for the failures and also establish the performance of various components in the engine. The position is located in Turku, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will be giving Technical Service assistance like:
- Perform in lab failure investigations of engine components returned from the field.
- Perform destructive and non-destructive examinations of components including also various types of measurements and microscopic examinations.
- Make investigation reports, inspection reports and technical statements of the received components.
- Keep contact with trusted external laboratories for special services that cannot be found in Wärtsilä.
- Occasionally collect evidence of failure at site.
You will also assist and support:
- Wärtsilä Service network, other relevant parties within Wärtsilä and end customers with analysis and reports of the failure cases.
- Product engineering and Quality organizations with prompt analysis of failures.
- In documentation and examination of field test parts.
- MSc or BSc in mechanical engineering or materials engineering
- Ability to problem solving and technical analysis
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and metal materials
- Interest in material examinations
- Motivation to learn and develop understanding in investigation methods and diesel engine technology
- Technical communication and documentation skills
- Good communication and team work skills
- Understanding of customer business
- Service minded
- Good command in verbal and written English
- Experience of mechanical and/or material engineering or failure investigations is an advantage.
|Contact person to give further information||
Kimmo Puska, Manager
Tel: +358 40 0187126
|Job area||Service Delivery|