Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products or similar medium bore diesel engines
Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Carry out engine product trouble shooting, routine maintenance & components investigation.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary equipment).
- Pre-commissioning of engines and Perform Mechanical commissioning.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
English,second language is a plus
-MS Office tools
-IM applications and IM tools
-Communication skills & customer relations
-Motivated to learn and grow professionally
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
-Ability to work under pressure
-Able to travel around USA for at least 7-8 month per year and also abroad when required.
-Able to generate technical service reports
BS degree + 2 year of related experience, or AS degree and 3 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical or USCG) + 5 years of experience. -Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or similar Medium bore applications
-Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application
-Lead man experience
-Mechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
-Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
-Gas engine Knowledge A+
-Electrical troubleshooting Skills A+
-Experience with pre commissioning and commissioning of medium bore diesel engines.
|Job area||Service Delivery|