|Position description||Wartsila Energy Solutions is looking for a Proposal Engineer to join our growing team in Wartsila North America. The position will be ideally based in Annapolis, Maryland. Houston, Texas can be considered.|
- Bid management, generate customer specific solutions, specifications and quotations according to needs of Sales.
- Evaluate inquires and register/maintain opportunity information.
- Configure solution according to defined needs.
- Preparing cost calculations according to directives and agreed targets.
- Evaluate technical and environmental risks of the solution.
- Ensure that response time for sales inquiries / request / orders are met.
- Perform technical assistance to Sales and customers.
- Participate in relevant sales meetings with customers.
- Engineering degree, preferably mechanical or electrical.
- Experience related to the energy industry in engineering and design will be seen as an advantage. More important than experience is the attitude, open minded and willingness to learn.
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal and problem solving skills are a must.
- Conceptual sales skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a global team environment under minimal supervision.
- Goal focused and a "can do" attitude are a must.
- Advanced user of MS Office suite.
- Willingness to travel. Training will be partly abroad.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Sales & Marketing|