|Position description||Wärtsilä Technology (R&D) is looking for Performance Experts. Engine performance development is an activity within Wärtsilä Technology, Engine Performance & Control. The main task of the Performance Expert is to develop competitive performance on our diesel/gas engines, together with the product engineering, design and test teams. Positions are located in Vaasa, Finland.|
- Evaluate gas/diesel engine performance data
- Give support to the product platforms in Wärtsilä Marine Solutions, Engines
- Build-up of way-of-working with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Build-up and development of simulation tools
- Participate in research & development projects regarding new engine concepts
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science, Technical
- Advanced knowledge of internal combustion engine thermodynamics
- Experience from internal combustion engine performance related R&D activities.
- Knowledge of turbocharger performance
- Knowledge of exhaust emission formation, abatement and legislation
- Ability to perform accurate, analytical and systematic work
- Good skills in MS Excel
- Experience with GT Power is regarded as a merit
- Good written and oral English, Finnish and preferably also Swedish.
Please attach CV to your application.
|Contact person to give further information||
Sten Isaksson, Manager Product Performance
Mobile +358 40 5060510
Hannu Aatola, Manager Product Performance
Mobile +358 44 5710174
Arto Järvi, General Manager Product Performance
Mobile +358 40 5146646
|Job area||Research & Development|