The Materials & Logistics Manager will develop the Logistics organisation and manage cross functional teams including, Cost and Planning Engineers, Shipping, Pick and Pack, Goods-in, Quality and expediting.
The accountabilities of the role include authorisation of safety stock & buffer levels to meet QCD metrics and customer expectations, stock and PI accuracy, increased stock turns, setting and controlling the right materials profile to ensure 95% OTD across all business lines and acting as a super user for the DDMRP system.
• Manage the planning and scheduling function within SAP MRP.
• Maintain material flow to support assembly and machining works stations.
• Ensure QEHS is a core value driver for the team and move away from lagging metrics. Become the QEHS champion for the function.
• People development and succession planning is key to business growth.
• Ensure team has sufficient competence to meet growth strategy.
• Ensure that clear documented processes represent best practice to fully support all business lines.
• Work with all key stakeholders to manage and develop business line performance
• Drive and become the champion for best practice in materials handling, replenishment, triggers, identification and issuing.
• Overview the Production schedule and constantly ensure that production and despatch OTD targets are achieved.
• Ensure stock levels support the business need for OTD. ”Right parts at the right time” philosophy
• Manage and improve static data within Logistics group
• Develop a continuous improvement culture within Materials & Logistics group within a Lean framework
• Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting to the stakeholders
• Creation of a visual factory.
• In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity, change the general character or level of responsibility of the post.
• Develop effective teams across the Materials and Logistics function.
• Develop Visual Management tools within the department and ensure that a good day is recognisable.
• Use effective KPI's to drive the right behaviour.
• Ensure that the team are trained and developed in line with the requirements of the customer and of other key stakeholders
• Work with key stakeholders to support the reduction purchased costs and lead times while not losing focus on the balanced metric.
• Be an active member of the management team looking at deployment of best practice within the Materials and Logistics group - be part of the future deployment team.
• Degree qualified or relevant experience
• People Orientated
• Leading large cross functional teams
• Logistics and Materials environment
• Stores environments
• Advanced Planning and scheduling techniques
• Theory of Constraints
• Lean tools and techniques
|Contact person to give further information||John Hazell|
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|