Wärtsilä Dynamic Positioning Inc., is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) Development Engineering position located in Poway, CA. The GNC Development Engineer will report directly to the GNC Manager.
The GNC Development Engineer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop algorithms and software for the marine industry including offshore and wind farm vessels, navy
ships, cruise ships and mega yachts.
• Architect, develop and maintain mission critical Windows based vessel real-time control software.
• Design and develop mathematical models for ships and sub-systems, including aerodynamic, hydrodynamic,
mechanical, actuators and sensors.
• Design, develop and maintain WPF based HMI following user centered design principles.
• Project lead for software and controls development projects.
• Project lead for ITAR projects following IEEE 12207 software lifecycle process.
• Commissioning of special projects with Dynamic Positioning control based systems.
• Domestic and international travel required for purposes such as on-site commissioning, troubleshooting and
testing, attending meetings, field service support, conferences, training, or as required for job related duties.
• Applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States or be a US citizen.
Wärtsilä is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
• Strong experience with algorithm development, including filtering techniques, estimation and control theory.
• Strong experience with C, C++ and object oriented programming in Windows environment. C# experience is a plus.
• Experience with PC, PLC, and computer based control systems, standard Ethernet networking and general system
architectures is desired.
• Experience with Version Control System or Software Configuration Management.
• Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be well organized and have the ability to multi-task and keep track of simultaneous on-going projects.
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Must be able to pass a basic physical fitness test.
• US citizenship is required.
• CompTIA Security+ certification is a plus.
• IEEE12207 experience is a plus.
• Master of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Control Theory
combined with strong programming skills or BS with equivalent relevant background/experience. • Relevant Engineering experience with required skill-sets.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.