Welcome at Wärtsilä Netherlands! For our office in Drunen (The Netherlands) we are looking for a Strategic Purchaser who will be responsible for the development and execution of the global sourcing strategy.
As a Strategic Purchaser, you’re in the heart of a dynamic business. You drive changes and secure business performance by creating and implementing sourcing action plans for your specific area of responsibility. This means that you manage and develop long term relationships with existing suppliers while you actively support Sales and Technology with the development of new products and test orders. You manage the internal process with your stakeholders in order to reach the optimal result of your negotiations, in terms of Quality, Delivery and Cost.
In this position you will be part of our Global Sourcing organization (15 FTE) which is responsible for the coordination of all global- and local sourcing activities within the Propulsion organization, located in Wuxi (China), Trieste (Italy) and Drunen (The Netherlands). You will be reporting to the Manager Sourcing. International Traveling is part of the job.
• You are always up to date with the ever changing market situation related to our industry.
• You gather and analyse spend, supplier data and future supply, to continuously develop and improve your commodity strategy and action plans.
• You secure the best performance of your supply base on Quality, Delivery and Costs.
• Guiding the complete process of negotiations, (global) contract coverage and process implementation.
• You maintain relevant data in our management systems (SAP, IDM) and support the Quality- and Operational department with the non-conformity process.
• You always aim to increase the competitiveness of Wärtsilä by applying your analytical- and negotiation skills together with a Customer Centric approach.
• You have several years’ experience in purchasing on strategic level in a global (matrix) organized industrial / engineering organization.
• Technical orientated bachelor- or master degree, or achieved this level with work experience in Sourcing, Supply Management or Logistics.
• You are a team player with lots of initiatives, who feels comfortable in the driver’s seat and knows to adjust to different situations with a healthy portion of self-confidence.
• To solve problems you are able to think and act fast, and keep things as simple as possible.
• You own the technical (mechanical) knowledge that is required to make the best supplier selection.
• You don’t need guidance to spot situations that require your attention, or to see improvements.
• Preferably you have knowledge of the Marine industry and basic legal knowledge.
• Advanced skills in Excel and experience with SAP is seen as an advantage, as well as experience with Asian (Chinese) culture.
• You have excellent communication skills in English, orally and written.
As Strategic purchaser at Wärtsilä you require project management skills and experience in project based environments. You know how to classify your stakeholders and communicate efficient to achieve optimal results. You are able to maintain the ‘helicopter view’ in both good and hard times.
|Contact person to give further information||
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees - diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers. Select ‘Netherlands’ and the position you like to apply for.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: egbert.Meijsvander@wartsila.com.
|Job area||Supply Chain Management|