This position is responsible for bringing financial analysis and business judgment to bear on operating decisions, with the goal of improving gross margins, reducing expenses and aligning resources with the company’s strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities Including but not Limited to:
• Leads the annual budgeting and forecasting process for the P&L, Balance Sheet and Capital Spending
• Works as a business partner with the operational, procurement, project management and engineering departments
• Forecasts financials on a monthly basis through review of analysis, interaction with departmental leadership, awareness of the local economic climate and industry trends
• Responds to executive management inquiries as needed
• Oversees and participates in the creation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including P&Ls, balance sheets and cash flow analyses and the Management Discussion & Variance Analysis that accompanies it
• Leads the monthly closing process for the Montreal facility
• Oversees that internal controls are operating and designed effectively
• Prepares quarterly commission calculations
• Drives financial and operational performance improvement throughout the business
• Assists with pricing on proposals as needed
• Responsible for filing grants with local governmental authority as well as corresponding audits
French and English Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent discipline is required Public accounting or managerial accounting for 3-5 years of experience.
Experience in project accounting would be an asset.
Experience with SAP (an asset)
|Contact person to give further information||
|Job area||Finance & Control|