QuantiServ is a new and growing brand of Wartsila. QuantiServ will boost our offering of support and maintenance services for customers operating equipment by multiple brands – including brands currently served by Wärtsilä and other manufacturers – both in the marine and energy sectors. The services offered by QuantiServ are Reconditioning, In-situ machining and flexible repair and overhaul services for auxiliary and generating sets, carried out by Mobile Teams.
QuantiServe is looking for a Technician, for the In-Situ machining department, in our Houston location.
- Perform In-situ machining work on Wartsila and other products
- Perform Machining work in workshop environment as well as in field.
- Participate with improvement of In-situ machining products
- Promote Wärtsilä Products and Quantiserv Services.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Quantiserv quality
- Perform engine and crankshaft inspections
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards.
- Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Independently execute engine repair by In-situ machining.
- Participate in working groups and build team spirit.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
- Safely execute all work according to Wärtsila standards.
- Machining using lathes, milling machine, VTL, Saws
- Line-boring using boring bars
- Some knowledge in use of laser and optical alignment equipment
- Use of mechanical measuring equipment, both metric and standard
- Tool calibration and verification
- English, second language is a plus
- MS Office tools
- IM applications and IM tools
-Some Wärtsilä knowledge
-Communication skills & customer relations
-Motivated to learn and grow professionally
-Ability to follow directions
-Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
-Ability to work under pressure
-Motivation to travel around USA and internationally for at least 7-8 month per year.
-Local labor laws
- Passport required
BS degree + 1 year of related experience, or AS degree and 2 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical) + 5 years of machining experience.
Familiar with and used laser equipment, milling, drilling, manual lathe operation, line boring tools.
|Contact person to give further information||
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online http://www.wartsila.com/en/careers/vacancies.
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
|Job area||Service Delivery|