• To do the full country and plant operation and maintenance accounting function,
including transaction processing, sales invoice generation, month end closing and
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
PROCESSING & BUSINESS CONTROL:
• Preparing the accounting records for the plant operation and maintenance (O&M)
spending including coding and posting of all financial transactions and month end closing
• Full Accounts payable function. Adding vendors, capturing invoices, scanning invoices
to WSSC, creditor reconciliations. Correct handling of foreign vendor payments and related withholding tax processing.
• Full accounts receivable function – generating the official Mozambique sales invoices
and in SAP, sending invoices to customer and collection follow up.
• Banking – all postings in SAP of bank statement and online payment initiator.
• Responsible for taxation and customs duties - Work with Tax Authorities and tax
advisors to ensure all aspects of company tax and customs duties are processed and
reported in compliance with local legislation.
• Control of, and accounting for, petty cash spending at the plant.
• Preparing all the monthly balance sheet control account reconciliations.
• Responsible for co-ordinating project insurance – for the local assets.
• Maintain the manual fixed asset register and SAP investment capture.
• Payroll processing along with HR and possibly a third party payroll service provider
• Responsible for correct filing of accounting source documents.
• Responsible for controlling and managing the financial side of relationships with third
party service providers.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with accounting, finance related laws and
• Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the accounting records.
• Ensuring that company finance/spending internal controls are implemented and
followed at the plant. Eg use of Purchase orders, two signatories on cheques etc.
• Involved in the development and implementation of changes to the accounting
systems, processes and controls.
• Establish and implement standard policies and procedures in accordance to the
requirements and in the formats demanded by Wartsila O&M.
• Use administration skills to ensure high quality financial adminstration of plant (in cooperation
with the Contract Manager). This includes high quality operational and
financial report and receivables collection.
• Responsible of the annual preparation of fixed capital budget and operational budgets
together with the Contract Manager.
• Prepare accurate and realistic forecasts of business performance.
• Supporting the Company Controller as required.
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS:
• Supporting the Contract Manager as required.
• Responsible for reporting the plant Operation & Maintenance margin/POC to
• Responsible for the monitoring of actual spend versus budget/forecast and
investigating reasons for deviations.
• Responsible for the development, distribution and interpretation of project financial
Financial Accounting Diploma/Degree
Well rounded bookkeeping skills relevant to the performance of an O&M project.
Strong working knowledge of bookkeeping for Mozambican VAT and Income Tax. Good
problem solving skills. Business degree or diploma in Accounting Key bookkeeping experience - Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, petty cash, bank
and VAT transaction posting, balance sheet reconciliations.
Minimum 5 years work experience in bookkeeping.
Previous involvement with auditors and tax authorities advantageous.
|Contact person to give further information||Candice Oliver|
|Job area||Contract Delivery|