The Process and Proposals Engineer will prepare designs and costing basis for bidding advanced wastewater treatment systems into the marine market.
The successful applicant will take the bid from the initial request for quotation to the final delivery of the completed proposal. The applicant will be expected to carry out ship surveys and technical support visits to support these activities.
• Carry out and be responsible for wastewater treatment process design, including vessel surveys, option and feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, and technical-economical evaluations. Provide technical expertise to ensure costs-effective and technically sound treatment process solutions that satisfy performance, health and safety, and legislation.
• Prepare, issue, and maintain technical documentation in relation to detailed process design, such as mass balance, flow diagram, P&ID, Control Philosophy, and Functional Design Specifications.
• Prepare, issue, and maintain technical documentation in relation to process operational procedures, such as Commissioning Plan, performance test, and trouble shooting.
• Prepare and contribute to the technical proposals.
• Co-ordinate with other business areas in particular Project Management and Engineering teams to ensure design deliveries are on time and on budget.
• Seek necessary approval for key process design issues and report delivery progress and any outstanding issues to Process and Proposals Manager.
• Be able to carry out designs to meet deadlines which encompass both a mechanical and process element.
• Be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office and have a working knowledge of Auto CAD.
• Have a good knowledge of waste water treatment process and, preferably an understanding of membrane processes.
• Have the ability to work well in a team and independently.
• Have a strong customer focus, be personable and able to work effectively with internal and external customers.
• Have strong technical communication skills – both written and oral.
• Have excellent organizational skills.
• Be Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Chemical or Process Engineering.
• Be a member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IChemE or be willing to work towards membership.
• Minimum of five years experience delivering waste waster process designs.
|Contact person to give further information||Peter Woollard|