Wärtsilä Services is looking for a Superintendent Engineer to strengthen the knowledge of the mainly Power plant systems within the team, Technical Services in Service Unit Caribbean and Central America (RC Caribbean and Latin America). TS Regional Centre, Caribbean and Latin America gives support in Technical Services matters for Service Units Caribbean & Central America (SUCCA) and Service Unit Andes (SUAND)
Technical Services is globally a recognized technical knowledge centre within the Services Business of Wärtsilä supporting internal and external stakeholders technically during the life cycle of products and solutions delivered or serviced by Wärtsilä.
We offer you interesting tasks in a multicultural environment where you will gain deep knowledge of engine and plant systems of both power plants and marine installations.
- Improve our customers; efficiency and availability.
- Participating in developing Service Products (retrofit and/or upgrade solutions). Taking a large role in generating, testing and documenting the way to inspect installations with the intent to offer these Service Products to our customers.
- Give training support and product presentations
- Participate in the introduction of new products in the field
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Making product improvements and product documentation, e.g. participate in the introduction of new engine types and other products
- Developing and sharing knowledge, pilot commissioning and field follow-up, producing content for technical documentation etc.
- Making site surveys and trouble shooting in the field
- Collecting and transferring customer feedback regarding services and solutions to product management
- Participating in Product Improvement / Development process
- Initiating, producing and maintaining content for technical information products (e.g. Engine Manuals, Service Bulletins)
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of both spoken and written English, good communication skills and customer understanding
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Willingness to travel (estimated 50-90 days per year)
- Flexible and open to challenges
- Initiative taking, systematic and organized way of working but also to be Open-minded and have team player attitude
- Self-management skills, ability to work under pressure and perform multiple tasks
- Analysis and reporting skills
- Preferably some years’ experience of gas/diesel engines in the field is considered as a merit
|Contact person to give further information||
Karl-Johan Nixholm, General Manager, Technical Services, Service Unit Caribbean & Central America
Mobile phone +1 (832) 983-2003
Country Open (Panama, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic)
Job area Service Delivery