General Purpose of the job:
- Assist Mechanical Supervisor to Coordinate daily mechanical maintenance activities to ensure that the equipment, machinery and instruments functions reliably and safely at the plant. Ensure that the facilities, buildings and plant are in good working order.
- Assist Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to Coordinate daily mechanical maintenance activities at the plant and/or assigned team.
- Train maintenance procedures and standards for the new workers.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools and ensure those are maintained according to applicable guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Inspect completed work to ensure that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
Cost awareness & effectiveness
Wärtsilä Quality, safety, environment skills
Charge air system
Compressed air systems
Cooling water systems
Emission reduction systems
Exhaust gas system
Gas fuel systems
Injection support systems
Lubricating oil systems
Sludge reduction systems (Effluent handling system)
Engine knowledge, medium speed
Engine control system knowledge
Trouble shooting, mechanical
Measurement equipment, mechanical
Technical drawings and flow charts
Parameter trending and analysis
Equipment/plant condition & efficiency monitoring and control
Store and tool keeping knowledge
Graduate of 3 year Technical Course i.e. Automotive Technology, Power Plant Technology, Marine Engineering Technology or related field
Minimum of five (3) years hands-on experience as a mechanic service in a reputable power plant or marine installation
|Job area||Contract Delivery|