|Location:||Tampere or any major Valmet location|
Is this frontline position for you?
The solutions of Valmet's Automation business line are designed to maximize the profitability of our customers' businesses by improving production performance and cost, energy and material efficiency. Our worldwide network of experts supports our extensive range of process automation solutions and services. We serve our customers in energy generation, pulp and paper and other process industries.
We are looking for a Product Manager to strengthen our team of automation experts. As a Product Manager, you act as an owner of future automation platform products and industrial applications. You develop strategy and content of Automation platform products in co-operation with business functions and R&D.
Area of your responsibility
- Product portfolio, roadmaps and product life cycle management
- Product requirement specification
- Industrial application concept design ownership
- Guide development team (R&D, AEC), align technical concepts
- Product cost evaluation and target settings
- Support developing business and operating models in co-operation with responsible functions
- Market and competitor follow-up
- Product launch support (sales and marketing teams)
- Internal and external communication
- Internal training
You report to director of strategic programs and you work in a wide network. The main parties are Business Units (Product groups, Operations, Service, Sales), R&D and other Valmet organization.
We are looking for a person who has
- at least 3-5 years’ experience with industrial automation systems (preferable Vamet DNA and other systems)
- strong understanding of industrial automation systems technology and IT
- deep understanding of engineering workflows and procedures
- some knowledge of safety control systems
- basic understanding of processes and requirements in Power and other industries (Chemical, Refining, O&G) outside Pulp and Paper industry
- communication and presentation skills
- willingness to travel.
We offer you an exciting opportunity to be in the key role to implement our strategy and work with future Automation platform products. You will be an important part of a skilled team that values your contribution and is willing to support your desire for learning. Welcome onboard to take the next step in your career!
Did we catch your interest? Please submit your application via the link provided as soon as possible and by latest on Sunday 7th October, 2018. Additional information about this position can be obtained from Peter Hölzl, Director, Strategic Programs, email email@example.com or mobile +43 664 3136827.
Valmet Finland is a non-smoking workplace.