|Business line:||Corporate Functions|
Are you already a solid IT infrastructure and telecommunications professional or would you like to be one? We are now looking for IT Solution Expert/Architect to support our Global IT Infrastructure Services, concentrating on Global Telecommunications.
In this an expert position, you will be working together with IT and Business stakeholders in tasks related to IT infrastructure and business defined projects. As an IT Solution Expert/Architect, Telecommunication services, you will help our business to translate new changing business needs and requirements into IT capabilities and technical solutions. You will recommend and guide the business throughout the transformation towards a flexible and modern IT environment that will provide new business value. The solutions are normally of a complex nature and include utilizing technical capabilities including, but not limited to, IT Strategy and Design, Hybrid Cloud Services, Infrastructure Services as a Service, Public Cloud Services, IT Transformation, mobility and telecommunication solutions.
The main responsibilities in this position will be around global telecommunication service management, development and network architecture. The operative supplier management and regular communication to the respective supplier and other stake holders are also on your responsibility.
Valmet’s Telecom IT Infrastructure consist today of 140 sites in 35 countries, 4 main datacenters, integrated with the main public cloud players and our Industrial Internet infrastructure to gather and analyze the data from our customers’ machines and processes.
This role can be based in any major Valmet location in Finland (Järvenpää, Tampere, Jyväskylä).
You are a person with the ability to see both the “bigger picture” as well as understand the details in a complex technical environment. You have very good communication skills (both oral and written) and can communicate a clear message in a complex context. You are used to communicating both on a management level and with specialists in a specific technical area.
You are self-directed with a strong drive to achieve results. You are an open and service minded team player with good interaction skills and you enjoy versatile challenges. Strong background from IT service management, network development and design, experience and understanding of different cultures will help you to succeed in this position.
• B.Sc. degree in computer science, information systems or another relevant subject
• Experience of or eagerness to learn about global telecommunication services
• In-depth understanding of the telecommunication technologies and global IP networks / networking solutions (WAN, LAN/WLAN, firewall, remote access solutions, IP routing, redundancy technologies and network security solutions)
• Understanding of opportunities and challenges around Private, Public clouds and hybrid solutions from telecommunications point of view
• Understanding of service management processes and procedures (based on ITIL)
• Understanding of Industrial Internet (IoT)
• Capability to manage global telecommunication services
• Good problem-solving and decision-making capability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• M.Sc. degree in computer science, information systems or another relevant subject
• Minimum 3-5 years of work experience of telecommunication services
• Project- and change management skills
• Experience of service and supplier management
• ITIL certification, other certifications considered as an asset
• Experience from a global company
With your good communication and interpersonal skills, you can build and keep up good relationships both external and internal clients. Your systematic way of working and ability to create documentation is appreciated. Good command of English language is essential in this position. Other language skills are regarded as an advantage.
|We offer:||We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic global company and a great opportunity for your professional development. Here you have chance to be part of the ongoing Valmet’s digitalization journey with a dynamic team of professionals around you.|
Did we catch your interest? Join our team and send your application with your CV in English via the link provided as soon as possible but not later than August 26, 2018.
For more information, please contact Hans Sjöberg, Director Global IT Infrastructure Services, tel. + 358-50-317 1600 preferably on August 23rd or 24th or by email email@example.com.