Valmet's Board and Paper Mills technology unit delivers complete board and paper production lines and machine rebuilds. Production units are located in Finland and China. Our mission is to provide world-class quality paper and board machines, rebuilds and components for our customers.
We are now looking for an experienced Workshop Manager to one of our Workshops in Jyväskylä. You will be responsible for manufacturing of key components and assembly of Suction-Castiron- and Tuberolls.
You are running operations together with a team of about 100 white and blue collar professionals. You will be working as a member of the Deliver Operations Production Management team and reporting to Director, DOP Production.
The Workshop Manager leads the workshop according to Valmet Paper Mills targets (financial, operational, quality and safety) based on Valmet’s values. Continuous improvement of the production process according Lean principles and overall productivity are also part of your main responsibilities.
To be successful in this position you should have:
• About 5 years of experience on operational management with machining or assembly in an international company
• Proven leadership skills are highly appreciated
• Good knowledge of operational delivery processes (engineering, procurement, logistics and manufacturing)
• Deep and clear understanding of the production control and logistics development, including the usage of the ERP
• Knowing the principles of Lean and Visual Management
• Capability to improve productivity and run different types of improvement projects
• Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish
• Good communication and interaction skills
• B.Sc or M.Sc of production technology or industrial engineering
• Capability to work on matrix organization in a global environment
We offer a challenging position and opportunities for professional development in global organization.
Valmet Jyväskylä is a smoke-free workplace.
For more information about this position, please call Ilkka Jauhiainen, Director, DOP Production, +358 40 727 8273, e-mail email@example.com. Calling times: 3. - 6.7.2018 and 30.7 - 10.8.2018.
Please apply by August 10th 2018 by filling out our application form and submitting your CV via the link provided.