|Business line:||Corporate Functions|
We are now looking for you, an experienced professional with the credibility to make an immediate impact across our businesses. As our Vice President, Key Projects you are a key contributor to our project management strategy and project execution. You are responsible for ensuring the successful execution of selected high-risk and high-complexity projects together with the relevant business line organization safeguarding that Valmet meets its customer commitments. You will develop governance, follow-up and reporting practices and oversee corrective actions in the selected key projects. You will ensure implementation of systematic contract management towards customers and suppliers. Risk and Opportunity management is one of the key tools at your disposal.
In this position, you will work together with the heads of our project operations as well as individual project managers enabling and supporting them in successful project execution. Hands-on co-operation with the project execution teams on daily basis ensures effective problem resolution and is the key to succeeding in this job.
This position is part of Valmet’s Strategy and Operational Development function (SOD), reporting to the Head of Strategy and Operational Development.
To succeed in this job, you will need to display strong leadership qualities, great communication and influencing skills, strong drive and an analytical approach that helps you positively impact our way of working and create change. You will have had a senior role in an international environment and you will be comfortable operating in a complex, matrix organization.
This role can be based in any main Valmet location. It requires intensive communication and frequent travelling to our Business Line locations, project sites and Area organizations.
In this role the following requirements are important for your success:
• University level technical degree
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in relevant industry preferably within the customer interface with a proven track record of successful project management in heavy industry or construction projects
• Good technical understanding of the Pulp, Paper, Energy or Automation industries
• Solid leadership and interpersonal skills paired with the ability to drive change in a matrix environment
• Business oriented approach, financial mindset and proven track record of successful contract and claim management
• Ability to maintain and improve customer relationships combined with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Good problem-solving and decision-making capability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
|We offer:||We offer a challenging position in a global business environment with many opportunities for personal growth and development in an organization that is undergoing a major transformative process.|
Did we catch your interest? Join our team and send your application with your CV in English via the link provided as soon as possible but not later than August 5, 2018.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Juha Lappalainen, SVP, Strategy and Operational Development, mob. +358 50 523 8708 preferably on Tuesday June 26, 2018 at 12:00 - 2:00 PM and Thursday June 28, 2018 at 12:00 - 2:00 PM (Finnish time).