|Business line:||North America|
As a Technical Specialist for Valmet, you will play a key role in providing solutions and maintaining solid working relationships with our customers. In this position, you will review customer inquiry or order to understand what performance parts are required. Then prepare documentation to permit sourcing or pricing of required items.
- Proper identification of specific parts utilizing Valmet documentation systems.
- Gather drawings and BOM's needed to support spare parts group, and customers.
- Provide technical support for Account Specialists, Sourcing, and Customers. Research technical information concerning the application of paper machine components to answer vendor questions regarding design specifications.
- Preparation of updated documentation (BOMs, e-manuals) for customers and Account Specialists as needed.
- Generate drawings, as requested by account team members. Check drawings generated by others, as part of the drawing process.
- Occasionally visit customers to support technical details of spare parts projects, and to maintain customer relationship and satisfaction.
|Requirements:||Associate‘s degree (A. S.) in Mechanical Design/Drafting or equivalent from two-year college; or six (6) to ten (10) years experience in paper machine engineering or design functions; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Controls experience a definite plus.|
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|
|Additional information:||For questions related to this position, please contact Regional HR Managers Barbara Barr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ted Fitzsimmons (email@example.com).|