|Business line:||North America|
|Location:||Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada|
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: To manage assigned projects to meet the location objectives in the areas of quality, profitability, performance, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain systems, procedures and reports as required for control of project costs with the objective of maintaining or exceeding budgeted profit.
• Establishes project priorities and directs Project Team.
• Monitor Project activities and collaborate with Applications Specialists and Product Manager to ensure customer satisfaction within budgeted costs.
• Project co-ordination and scheduling activities in engineering and design, equipment purchasing, manufacturing, delivery and installation.
• Purchasing activities related to pricing, procurement and delivery of equipment, materials and services including: preparing of tender packages, bid evaluation, and negotiation, preparation of purchase requisitions necessary for formal purchase order preparation.
• Preparation and issue of Operation and Maintenance Instructions to customer.
• Oversee and co-ordinate activities of assigned Project Team. This includes timely production of drawing/design review, checking and day-to-day guidance of design activities to assure conformance with "as-sold" specifications and customer expectations.
• Responsible for final design and engineering verification with assistance from Product Managers as required.
• Seek and process opportunities to extend value of assigned projects including preparation of estimates and proposals related to new sales for these projects.
• Provides Applications Specialists with feedback regarding Customer Satisfaction, potential sales opportunities, Customer developments, etc.
• With the overall objective of continuous improvement to product lines, provide Product Managers with feedback concerning design, constructability, costs, etc.
• Represent and promote the desired image of Valmet by providing Customers with superior quality, service and timely delivery of systems and equipment through effective management of assigned projects.
• Ensure good co-operation with other Valmet Units.
• When called upon, supports development, training and activities of other departments and individuals within the organization.
Education: Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma plus 8 to 10 years of experience.
Experience: 5 years related experience preferred in the Pulp and Paper industry.
Travel: 20% - 50%
Other: Good oral and written communication skills. Experience with computer software such as AutoCAD, Word Processing, Spreadsheet, MS Project preferred but not essential. Knowledge of papermaking process/papermaking products preferred.
Valmet offers you a rewarding position with a global industry leader where you'll have the chance to put your education and experience to good use. As a global industry leader you'll have the ability to work with and learn from colleagues from across North America and around the world.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, paid vacation, company holidays.