|Business line:||North America|
Responsible for spare and wear part purchasing for selected suppliers. Places orders within guidelines and interacts with supplier to insure quality and performance measurements and goals are met. Audits suppliers for capabilities and compliance ability with Valmet requirements.
• Supplier contact for requirements of paper machine parts;
• Prepares, issues and follows up on inquiries and purchase orders within ERP system;
• Monitor supplier performance on quality, costs, deliveries, and lead times;
• Responsible for improving quality and reducing costs on products purchased;
• Approve invoices for payment;
• Negotiate orders;
• Maintain necessary records;
• Travel, as required, to suppliers.
• Monitor process performance and competency to process requirements including those related to health and safety.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering is preferred or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to six years’ experience in purchasing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in purchasing manufactured/engineered items preferred.
• Purchasing experience within a distributor or industrial supplier environment also a plus.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|
|Additional information:||For questions related to this position, please contact Regional HR Manager Barbara Barr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ted Fitzsimmons(email@example.com).|