Are you the development oriented and cost efficiency minded purchasing engineer that we are looking for?
Valmet is a leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services especially for industries that use bio-based raw materials, primarily the pulp, paper and energy industries as well as selected process industries. Our goal is to become the global champion in serving our customers.
Our service and product offerings cover the entire life cycle of industrial processes. We provide an extensive technological know-how and a broad process understanding in process solutions. We operate close to our customers in order to increase reliability, improve the performance and reduce costs of their industrial processes.
We are currently recruiting a Purchasing Engineer to manage global procurement services for SEMEA region, and located in our Production Unit in Zaragoza to join our inspiring and professional team.
• Main responsible for maintaining and following up the assigned KPI’s for the procurement targets in SEMEA region
• Implement Valmet procurement strategy and requirements in terms of quality, price and availability and develop procurement processes
• Manage operative purchases of sub-contracted parts, components and shut down labor for SEMEA Region: follow up of purchasing orders, revision of business agreements, support for logistic process, revision of non-compliance cases…
• Actively ensure on-time delivery performance, quality development and co-operation with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Ensure our competitive position in the market in terms & conditions
• Participate in separately assigned development and category procurement projects
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably with a mechanical specialization
• 3 to 5 years of working experience in an industrial procurement role is required
• Proven track record in quality assurance, cost analysis and suppliers’ management
• Knowledge of paper industry will be an advantage
• Proficiency in English and Spanish
• Excellent team worker, good communication skills and motivated to work in an international culture.
• Willingness to travel 10-15%
Incorporation to a leading multinational company in a long-term project, being part of a dynamic and professional team work and a competitive retribution package. We will closely assess your skills and motivations to offer you even more and more challenging responsibilities to support your personal growth and development.
Our working environment is team-oriented, international and inspiring. We encourage and value an innovative culture that suits development minded people who enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment full of opportunities!
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your application online with your CV in English in our corporate career site (www.valmet.com) before the 31st May 2018.
For further information, please contact our HR Generalist in Spain at email@example.com