Valmet is a global supplier of field control technology, automation solutions and life cycle performance services for the pulp & paper, energy & process industries and maritime industries.
Valmet AS in Norway is responsible for the marine automation segment. This includes control systems for control, alarm and monitoring applications for a wide range of vessels. The Norwegian project team focuses on retrofits and upgrades of sailing ships.
We are looking for a PROJECT ENGINEER for our office in Lier. You will participate in technical planning and implementation of specific applications for the project together with project manager, customers and project team. You will be responsible for the achievement of technical tasks in the project, and to clarify technical details with the customer.
The project engineer responsibilities are:
• Technical project design.
• Implementation of automation solutions.
• Application Engineering.
• Participate and contribute in surveys and customer meetings.
• Participate in factory acceptance test.
• Startup and supervision of installation at ship.
• Delivery of system to customer.
• Work will require travelling world-wide for surveys and start-ups.
To be a successful project engineer you need experience and knowledge of instrumentation, programming and installation of Automation systems. Knowledge of maintenance and operation of Valmet DNA systems is preferred.
• B.Sc or M.Sc. degree in electrical, automation or process discipline.
• Experience with automation programming
• Experience with automation or instrumentation installations.
• English language skills, preferably also Norwegian
In return, we will provide you interesting work environment and the support of Valmet global network.
• Competitive terms and conditions
• Attractive pension and insurance schemes.
• Personal and professional development.
• Positive and innovating environment in leading international company.
• Flexible working time.
For more information about this position, please contact Manager, Marine, Lars Svaasand, email@example.com or tel 47 95520505
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact HR Manager, Automation BL, Maria Nordin firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +46 60 16 55 90
The selection process is on-going, so please apply as soon as possible, but no later than May 31st.