|Business line:||North America|
|Location:||Thunder Bay, Ontario|
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Prepares general system design layout and detail drawings, applying established design techniques, technical knowledge, education and experience. Works under limited supervision, requiring only general direction and guidance. May take part in the provision of design supervision of particular projects.
• Prepares general system layout and detail drawings based on specific design parameters. Uses accepted formulas, manuals and procedures in the preparation of the design as well as sizing and selection of equipment.
• Assists with the development of usable Cad standards (block libraries, etc.).
• Checks drawings to assure dimensional accuracy, correct design and completeness.
• Takes field dimensions necessary for system design and layout of drawings.
• Inspects equipment to assure compliance with drawings and proper operation.
• Prepares and follows up bills of material for projects.
• Responsible for maintaining Project drawings and design records.
• Plans and maintains a schedule of own assigned work load to ensure that established completion dates are met.
• Prepares, obtains or transmits technical, design or other information as required for completion of drawings and progress of project.
• Assists Project Manager with various duties including communication with suppliers, customers, etc.
• Provides design support, site coverage, etc. for field installations.
• May be responsible for other designers both in office and in field.
• Performs various other tasks as assigned
Education: Mechanical Engineer or 2 year Technical College Diploma (preferably mechanical) + required experience.
Experience: 2-5 years related experience
Travel: Requirement (varied)
Employee Type: Technical Salaried (Non-Exempt)
Other: Persons with Industrial HVAC experience in the Pulp and Paper / Tissue / Cardboard Industry would be given preference. Experience with Catia - 3D modelling or similar software along with AutoCad 2-D are a requirement. Experience with other computer software such as Word Processing and Spreadsheet. MS Project preferred but not essential. Good oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of papermaking process/papermaking products preferred.
Valmet offers you a rewarding position with a global industry leader where you'll have the chance to put your education and experience to good use. As a global industry leader you'll have the ability to work with and learn from colleagues from across North America and around the world.