Are you the new service-minded & team worker engineer we are looking for?
Valmet is a leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services especially for industries that use bio-based raw materials, primarily the pulp, paper and energy industries as well as selected process industries. Our services and product offerings cover the entire life cycle of industrial processes and we aim to become the global champion in serving our customers.
We operate close to our customers in order to increase their reliability, improve their performance and reduce costs of our customers' processes.
We are currently recruiting a Service Project Engineer for our Energy Sales & Services operations relating to power plant services incl. power and recovery boilers, evaporation plants, and environmental systems.
This position will be located in Madrid, but other locations and home office base could be negotiated.
Purpose of the position:
• Manage customer projects and service agreements
• Support and promote sales and marketing actions of energy related services
• Participation and support in power plant shutdown and maintenance services
• Manage and coordination of works and relevant contractors on site
• Development of local service operations in Spain, together with Services Sales Manager.
• Coordination and supervision of service projects and agreements
• Project planning and schedules, cost calculations, follow-up and reporting
• Procurement of project materials, sub-suppliers and manpower
• Development and coordination of local contractor network
• Preparation of sales documentation, proposals and technical specifications
• Supervision of service project deliveries and emergency repairs
• Preparation of mill visit and technical reports
• Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Contributes to sales engineering and project execution effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
• Competitor follow-up and intelligence, in combination with Service Sales Manager.
• Follow-up for account receivables, warranty/quality issues and lost orders.
- University degree in Engineering, with a specialization in Mechanical and/or Thermal engineering processes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from power plant engineering and project related works
- Good knowledge of power generation processes and pulp mill energy operations is considered as advantage
- Good experience from site supervision work
- Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish, Portuguese considered as advantage
- Excellent project management skills
- Willingness to travel around Spain as a regular basis
- Sound judgement and good business acumen.
- Organisational skills and teamworking capability
- Independence and self-reliance.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes, willingness to work under different circumstances and environments.
|We offer:||Incorporation to a leading multinational company in a long-term project, being part of a dynamic, international and professional team and a competitive retribution package. This position will directly report to the Service Sales Manager, Energy Sales and Services in Spain.|
That feeling when everything works together is what makes working at Valmet unique.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your application online with your CV in English in our corporate career site (www.valmet.com)
For further information about this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Generalist in Spain.