When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 12,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.
Darwen, United Kingdom
Are you the new Mechanical Engineer we are looking for?
At Valmet, we serve our customers keeping in mind our core commitments: safety comes first, close to customers, solutions to your needs and people you can trust.
Valmet are currently seeking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer. The dedicated individual will work as part of an already developed team undertaking the above role.
The Role: We are looking for a skilled mechanical engineer to carry out the following:
• Understand and follow applied Health & Safety instructions and policies.
• Work on our customer’s sites - nationwide.
• Work as part of a team on mechanical works generally in the pulp, paper and power industry including:
o General maintenance
o Equipment installation
o Roll removal/installation
o Machine removals
o Machine breakdowns
o Project work
The Person: Key skills and requirements for the role include: -
• Full UK driving licence
• Good knowledge of mechanical engineering
• Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings
• Project and/or construction experience preferred
• Several years’ experience of mechanical fitting work or maintenance
• Basic knowledge of office software
• Flexible and committed as well as responsible, reliable and precise as this job is mostly working on customer sites.
|We offer:||In addition to a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will also be entitled to overtime payments, contributory pension scheme (4% employer contribution + salary sacrifice benefits), laptop, mobile phone.|
The successful candidate will benefit from internal training and development opportunities with the option to take on external courses to improve their skill set the job including but not limited to:
o Easy Laser alignment
o Fork lift truck training
o Confined space training
o CCNSG safety card to supervisor level.
Further information is available from firstname.lastname@example.org or 01254 819037.