To act in a lead role for delivering Valmet IQ Quality control Systems to the paper industry.
The Senior Project Engineer has technical responsibility for the delivery of Valmet IQ QCS systems. The main tasks are to ensure that delivery meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations, is on schedule, is technically as defined in the contract, and delivered in a cost efficient way according to targets/key performance indicators given by Project Manager.
1. Participates in the planning of the project with the project manager with respect to the goals of the project, overall scheduling, risk analysis/contingency plan, and installation checklists.
2. Participates in the Definition phase of the project (Internal/external kick-off meetings, responsibilities, system definition, customer communication, freezing dates)
3. Takes the lead role in system initialization and configuration by internal and external resources
4. Organizes and runs the internal testing and customer Factory Acceptance Testing
5. Takes lead role in managing site work:
• Responsible for site safety
• Coordinates work schedules for on-site personnel
• Handles customer communication including safety, progress reports , and site schedules
• Handles change requests together with the project manager
• Ensures that the delivery meets the customer’s expectations, including:
i. Commissioning of sensors and measurements
ii. Successful implementation of all delivered quality controls
iii. Customer training
iv. Successful completion of performance guarantees
• Manages the punch list for timely completion
6. Finalize system documentation and arrange for preparation of commissioning reports, including value/ROI delivered
7. Provides feedback of customer’s comments for customer satisfaction assessment
8. Participates in transfer to service
1. Specialty engineering, for example data links, process definition, system conversions or migrations, etc.
2. Advanced troubleshooting during the testing and commissioning phases of the project, and feedback of relevant corrective actions to the product home
3. Mentoring of other resources
Works primarily in an office or in a paper mill environment.
Education: B.S degree in Chemical, Electrical (EET or ET), Mechanical, or Pulp &Paper Engineering Technology
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience with Valmet or other QCS systems in the pulp and paper industry with at least two years experience with Machine Direction and Cross Direction controls.
Travel: 50% travel is typical during peak periods, primarily in North America but international travel will also be required
Other: Must maintain a valid driver’s license
The roles require the abilities to handle multiple projects, collaborate with others as well as working independently, and make decisions in stressful situations. Must be able to form professional relationships with customers, and possess good written and verbal communications skills. A self managed style and the ability to routinely prioritize and organize work are required.
|We offer:||As a global employer, Valmet offers the opportunities to work with colleagues in North America and abroad. You'll be able to contribute your skills and knowledge, but will also have opportunities to expand your abilities through professional development. In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance|