The Data & Communications Engineer creates and maintains information gateways, historians and data computation software for maxDNA based systems.
The Engineer has technical responsibility for the compatibility, stability and simplicity of the software. The main tasks are to provide information services to translate, communicate and process maxDNA real time information. The Engineer will work as part of a distributed team and insure that development of the software fits the system models.
1. Develop, test and maintain comprehensive data translation gateways to be used to provide display information and respond to user input.
2. Develop, test and maintain historic storage and retrieval interfaces for maxDNA information.
3. Develop, test and maintain software interpreters for specialized languages.
4. Technical responsibilities include design, coding and testing following company standards of compliance. Agile methods will be used for development and all work will be part of a continuous review and test process.
5. Responsible to explain, present and defend designs and implementations to other team members and other teams globally.
6. Required to interface with Development Management, and the Customer Project, Sales & Marketing, and Production & Logistics departments to ensure quality of product and scope of applicability.
7. Must keep up-to-date with the latest technical developments related to the system architecture, and new technologies available in the market. Must be able to make recommendations for incorporation into our product line and into the standard designs.
8. Position requires the abilities to collaborate with others as well as working independently. Must be able to form professional relationships with coworkers, and possess good written and verbal communications skills. A self managed style and the ability to routinely prioritize and organize work are required.
9. Domestic and international travel is required (typically less than 2 weeks per year).
Valmet Office, Valmet Test Floor and occasionally Valmet Foreign Offices depending on stage of a development project.
• BS degree in Software Engineering and/or closely related field with 5 years experience.
• Object oriented design skills and working knowledge of C++, C# and Java Script a must.
• Working knowledge of multi-platform development for Windows and Linux is required.
• Strong Compiler or Interpreter language knowledge is required.
• Experience working with personal computers in a Windows environment including Excel, Word and Power Point is required.
• Realtime software development using C++ and C is a plus.
• Cassandra and Postgresql experience is a plus.
• Web based development skills using HTML5, CSS, XML and other web based technologies is a plus.
• A working knowledge of Git or other source control system is a plus.
• Experience with maxDNA, Valmet DNA and/or competitors' DCS is a plus.
• Valid Passport
• Valid Driver’s License
|We offer:||As a global employer, Valmet offers the opportunities to work with colleagues in North America and abroad. You'll be able to contribute your skills and knowledge, but will also have opportunities to expand your abilities through professional development. In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance|