- Manage the day-to-day financial activities of the organization; control its financial resources and ensure that all financial transactions, systems and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards. Activities may include: financial analysis and reporting; taxation; insurance; credit control; accounts payable and receivable; inventory and costs control; and budgeting and forecasting. Drive business results and ensure appropriate internal control environment. Risk management. Active business partnering with management to support in meeting financial targets.
- Follow Valmet Safety Guidelines.
- Making sure financial activities comply with regulations, accounting principles and standards. All financial information is accurate and correct.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Prepare the organization’s financial reports and present findings and recommendations to the top executive group. Reports may include financial analyst reports; profit and loss statements and balance sheets; and regulatory reports and filings.
- To interpret financial information on costs, prices, expenses and revenues and make recommendations to senior management.
- Prepare in-depth evaluations of plans and identify new methods of analysis and presentation.
- Advise senior management on financial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organization.
Budget and forecasting
- Analyze the organization’s revenues, liabilities, credit conditions, and other financial indicators to forecast it's short, medium, and long-term cash flow position; evaluate and recommend investments, funding sources, and other financial instruments that will meet these cash flow needs.
- Assisting to establish and coordinate the budgeting system and procedures and produce budget and performance reports for senior management.
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with Valmet accounting policies and procedures. Accounting activities include accounts payable and receivable, general ledger maintenance, revenue and asset accounting etc.
- Review all financial reports to ensure they have been accurately prepared.
- Responsible for fixed asset management including working out the standard management procedures.
Inventory and cost control
- Regularly checking the financial data in SAP to make sure the costing data is correct all the time, review all inventory transactions related with costing issues.
- Communicates with BL/BU/Area Finance for annually setting and updating machine hours, labor hour’s rates.
- Interpret and disseminate the cost accounting information to management.
- Plan, direct and monitor the activities related to development and organization of Valmet Fabrics costing system, involving analysis of the real cost of the products and their respective contribution margins.
- Evaluate the organizations’ current or proposed activities, policies, business practices and transactions to ensure that they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time.
- Advise management on tax matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organization.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with external consultants and advisors to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
Leadership and Training
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop financial staff to ensure that the organization’s accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently and according to relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Responsible for Financial department’s training plan and training activities.
Cost and Efficiency
- Complete the cost targets set by Valmet each year.
- Fulfill cost control function, detail see the above described.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on financial issues to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Participates in Management Meetings.
- Presents all the personnel needs to General Manager/HR Manager.
- Conducts other tasks assigned by General Manager. Understands and strictly follows Company’s Rules, Regulations, Policies, Instructions and Procedure to avoid unnecessary conflicts and to reach expected behavior and job performance.
- Detect potential risk and communicate with management team to control risk within acceptable impact.
- Drive business results and behave as business partner.
- Active participation in BL/BU/Area finance teams
- Bachelor degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- At least 5 years in finance manager position and preferred over 3 years in controller position.
- Speak, Read & Write fluent English & Mandarin.
- Familiar with PRC tax regulations.
- Knowledge on foreign exchange regulation.
- Strong business sense and Strong Leadership Skills
- Work with results and effective communication ability