Basic Function: Provides field service within a specified region in North America.
1. Preventive and Predictive Maintenance of Automation equipment on hardware at the customers locations
2. Ability to work on a team and assist other service personnel as needed to resolve difficult service related issues.
3. Ability to demonstrate and document Value to the customer based on the services you provide
4. Field commissioning on Automation equipment. Service and Performance documentation for capital equipment, including new and add on system installations. Implement new and add on systems (hardware and software) when required.
5. Assist customers in problem solving at their worksites and by phone. Clearly understand the customers pulp and paper process and how the automation equipment interacts with the process.
6. Provide sales support for service when needed. Actively sell spare parts at the customer’s worksite.
7. Ensure that product managers in Finland and North America are informed of problems with products.
8. Within two weeks of each mill visit, prepare a written trip report, expense report, time sheet and billing statement. Clearly document the value you have provided on the trip report
9. Routinely contact customers to schedule your visits to the customer worksite; determine status of installed equipment and take action to assist in the repair of any failed equipment in the field. Ensure that sales personnel and your Service Manager is aware of your schedule.
10. Visit customer on a routine basis to improve and maintain customer relationships.
11. Be on-call and capable of providing after-hours emergency service when needed.
12. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: Associates degree in science discipline or two years electronics, electrical or instrumentation discipline. Alternatively, three to four years technical school training in electronics, electromechanical or instrumentation. Bachelors degree in Electrical, Electronic or Chemical Engineering a plus.
Experience: Three years’ experience in the Pulp and Paper Process industry with DCS experience is a plus. Computer skills are required.
Travel: 40%. Travel is typically within a NA region but can be international.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible for Overtime
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
We offer you a truly rewarding position with a global industry leader where you’ll truly have an impact on the customer. You'll put your education and experience to good use supporting those who appreciate your efforts.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and Business Travel Accident Insurance.