Fabrics Business unit in Tampere is producing press felts, dryer fabrics and shoe press belts for paper, board and tissue machines and pulp drying lines. We are now looking for a Production Development Engineer (temporary 12 months) to be responsible for developing value stream and manufacturing processes, methods and resources (equipment, quality, management). The job requires close co-operation with workshop managers and supervisors, quality department, maintenance, production planning and other Valmet Fabrics units.
The work mainly focuses on warping and weaving departments. Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Productivity, flow and cost efficiency (€/kg) of the value stream
- The development of working methods
- Quality coordinator (Press felts & Dryer fabrics)
- Improve safety (LTIF&TRIF)
- Expert of investment projects
- Responsible person of initiative system
- Occupational instruction and guidance
In order to be successful in this job, you need to have:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in engineering or industrial management
- Management and coaching skills
- Project management skills
- Lean and continuous improvement skills
- Team player with a good communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- High motivation, business sense and analytic decision-making skills to achieve results individually and in matrix organization structure.
- You can communicate in English and in Finnish (both written and spoken)
- Proficient in MS Office, good skills in SAP, Infor, SAP BW are appreciated
- Capability to withstand and work productively in high pressure
Experience of paper machine clothing production and technology or paper machine production will be an advantage.
|We offer:||We offer you an interesting job in an international business environment with many opportunities for personal growth and development. You will be part of a skilled team that values your contribution and is willing to support your desire for learning. You’ll be working in a leading global company of more than 12000 professionals with good opportunities for professional development.|
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Pasi Vastamäki, Lean Manager, by phone +358 44 572 0224 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday March 12th 8:00 – 10:00 AM
Thursday March 15th 8:00 – 10:00 AM
Wednesday March 21st 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Please apply by March 31, 2018 by filling out our application form and submitting your CV via the link provided.
The collective agreement for senior salaried employees will be applied to this position.
Valmet Finland is a smoke free workplace.