Basic Function: Provides field service on Automation equipment within a specified region in North America for the Pulp and Paper industry.
1. Preventive and Predictive Maintenance of Automation equipment on hardware at the customers’ locations
2. Ability to work on a team and assist other service personnel as needed to resolve difficult service related issues.
3. Ability to demonstrate to the customers the Value the services are providing.
4. Assist with Field commissioning on Automation equipment as required.
5. Assist customers in problem solving at their worksites and by phone.
6. Provide sales support when needed.
7. Actively sell spare parts at the customer’s worksite while performing service
8. Ensure that product managers in Finland and North America are informed of problems with products.
9. Within one week of each mill visit, prepare a written trip report, expense report, time sheet and Billing form.
10. Routinely contact customers to schedule your visits to the customer worksite; determine status of installed equipment and take action to assist in the repair of any failed equipment in the field. Ensure that sales personnel and your Service Manager is aware of your schedule.
11. Visit customer on a routine basis to improve and maintain customer relationships.
12. On occasion provide after-hours emergency service when needed.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: 2 year degree or military background in Electrical / Electronics. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical engineering a plus.
Experience: 1+ year experience servicing / troubleshooting Electronics / Electrical / Automation type systems. DCS / QCS / Analyzer Experience a plus.
Good knowledge of utilizing computers along with SW such as Microsoft’s Office products.
Knowledge and or experience in the Pulp and Paper process is a plus.
Travel: Up to 50%. Travel is typically during weekdays only but an occasional weekend visit may be required. Travel is typically within a NA region.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible for Overtime.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
|We offer:||As a global employer, Valmet offers the opportunities to work with colleagues in North America and abroad. You'll be able to contribute your skills and knowledge, but will also have opportunities to expand your abilities through professional development. In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance|