- As Development manager, you are responsible for mechanical construction of screen baskets, production and quality development.
- You work together with people in Production Unit, Technology Unit and Sales organization to ensure the performance of screening products.
- Work consists of basket development from mechanical engineering standpoint but also maintaining the existing product portfolio.
- You plan and coordinate R&D and investment projects with Global Technology Manager and Production Manager.
- You lead a Eng. & Tech. team in Production Unit, continue develop the team competency to fulfill product/production needs and business demand.
- Basket application analysis
Focus on all applications of existing products, analyze the weakness and strength. Provide the solution for product weakness improvement. Collect information from the market like product standard, test technology and test standard, give out effective improvement comments and scheme.
- New product development
Collect product information from the market, participate in the basket’s development, make development plan and follow up the new product leading-in. Working together with the product manager to make product strategic development plan, support the decision making.
- Product design
Engineering design according to model products, Manage the products drawing via Intorlink&Slovlia; Mechanical site service for baskets, like dimension and other tech. required by customer. Cooperate with Mechanical Engineer for new product drawing.
- Product failure analysis
Offer site service in any defect of basket application such as bad screening, breakage and other failure, find the root cause base on visible damage, recorded operational parameters and experiences, and figure out solutions as well.
- Customer requirement analysis and solutions
Actively communicate with customer (sales & direct), regularly visit the customer, timely get the requirement information and comments about baskets using. Depend on this information, give out effective solution scheme. If the scheme get approval, follow up and make it into using.
- New product and new technology leading in and follow up.
- Product’s performance evaluation, analysis and improvement
Made product sample for performance evaluation, material analysis and application analysis. Get analysis report, and give the solution scheme and carry out.
- All other tasks assigned by line manager or company
- We expect you to have a B.Sc or M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering.
- We value experience and knowledge in mechanical strength, coatings, material technologies and managing internal and customer quality issues.
- You are a team player, have good communication and negotiation skills and strong customer service attitude.
- High motivation, business sense and analytic decision-making skills to achieve results individually and in matrix organization structure.
- You can communicate fluently in English both written and spoken.
- Chinese language is great benefit and other languages are advantage.
- Willingness to travel and visit customers and suppliers in China and overseas.
- At least 5 years working experience in manufacturing.
- Familiar with key manufacturing process: such as welding, milling, boring, turning etc.
- Extra experience in Paper Mill is preferred.
- Auto CAD skill and a full complement of Microsoft software capability.
- Familiar with ISO14000 &OHSA18000.