|Location:||Ticonderoga, New York|
Basic Function: Provides site service on Automation equipment installed in a Pulp and Paper manufacturing environment.
1. Works mainly at one customer site location.
2. Performs Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Maintenance, Problem Resolution.
3. Performs calibration checks.
4. Performs computer system backups and maintains records of all changes to the system.
5. Works alongside Mill Employees acting as a team to resolve problems quickly.
6. Ability to utilize a computer to remotely connect to the systems to troubleshoot.
7. Maintains detail records of all work performed.
8. Manages spare parts at site.
9. Attends meetings at the mill site as part of a team.
10. Able to work without direct supervision.
11. On occasion provide after-hours emergency service when needed.
12. Must have a positive attitude.
13. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: Associates degree in science discipline or two years electronics, electrical or instrumentation discipline or 3 years military experience.
Experience: Pulp and Paper experience a plus.
A solid mechanical aptitude is required with some basic understanding of electricity, electronics and computers.
Travel: 23%. Travel is typically within the Northeast USA region but can be international.
Overtime Eligibility: Receives 1.5 times hourly pay for hours in excess of 40 hours per week.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
|We offer:||As a global employer, Valmet offers the opportunities to work with colleagues in North America and abroad. You'll be able to contribute your skills and knowledge, but will also have opportunities to expand your abilities through professional development. In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance|