The Senior Project Engineer acts as both a Lead Engineer and highly specialized engineer for the delivery of maxDNA and Valmet DNA based systems, depending on the situation.
The Lead Engineer has technical responsibility for the delivery of the Valmet DCS solution. The main tasks are to ensure that delivery will be on schedule, technically as defined in the contract, and delivered in a cost-efficient way according to targets/key performance indicators given by Project Manager.
1. Supporting the technical design for a project and coordination of project team engineering personnel to ensure completion as scheduled and budgeted.
2. Technical responsibilities include support of the controls design, system configuration, documentation and field start-up. This includes reviewing customer contract documents to ensure the design complies with project specification, contract and system requirements and all applicable Codes, leading the technical discussion in both Internal Meetings and Customer Meetings, and directing the Factory Acceptance Testing.
3. Responsible to interface with customers for the exchange of technical details and to present the controls design for review and approval.
4. Required to interface with Project Management, and the Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, and Production & Logistics departments to ensure accurate design and timely delivery of the project.
5. Must understand and use established procedure codes, create standards, support new product development, and provide sales and marketing support.
6. Must be up-to-date with the latest technical developments related to the system architecture, and new technologies available in the market. Must be able to make recommendations for incorporation into our product line and into the standard designs.
7. Position requires the abilities to handle multiple projects, collaborate with others as well as working independently, and make decisions in stressful situations. Must be able to form professional relationships with customers, and possess good written and verbal communications skills. A self managed style and the ability to routinely prioritize and organize work are required
8. Responsible for ISO 9001 compliance on assigned projects.
9. Domestic and international travel is required (typically 25%).
Valmet Office, Valmet Test Floor, Customer Office, and Customer Plant Site depending on stage of a particular project
- BS degree in Engineering and/or related field with 10 years experience.
- Experience working with personal computers in a Windows environment including Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Project is required.
- Experience with Max DNA, Valmet DNA and/or competitors' DCS
- Strong process control background
- Strong Power background, project team leadership skills and mentoring of junior level engineers.
- Power Plant Experience is a plus.
- Tuning experience in coal-fired power plants is a plus.
- Turbine Controls Experience is a plus.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|