|Location:||To Be Determined|
Are you the new customer focused Optimization Engineer for Valmet?
At Valmet, we serve our customers keeping in mind our 4 core commitments: safety comes first, close to the customers, solutions to your needs, and people you can trust.
The Optimization Engineer provides high level expert services to optimize Valmet client’s mill performance in terms of production, quality, cost and environmental impact. The OE performs complex multidimensional performance analysis of client’s processes to identify potential improvements, troubleshoot and correct performance problems. Finally, they will develop and maintain customer performance improvement roadmap.
1. Performs as an industry domain expert providing expert consulting services to customers and internal Valmet advanced control and optimization engineering teams.
2. Performs mill performance analysis to benchmark mill performance, identify performance improvement opportunities, and troubleshoot performance problems.
3. Responsible for performance of customer process (projects and support of existing installations), provide continued expert support for customer’s sustained performance improvement results.
4. Provide extensive contact with customers for mill manufacturing performance improvement during the life cycle of the installed systems.
5. Contributes to continuous improvement of best practices throughout the group.
6. Contributes to the development of technologies and applications to improve system performance, customer value add and group efficiency.
7. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Works primarily in an office or in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: B.S. Degree in Chemical, Electrical (EET or EE) (Masters or PHD Preferred), Control Engineering or P&P Engineering Technology.
Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in pulp and paper industry preferred. Kraft Bleaching, Oxygen Delignification and Cooking experience a plus. Process performance analysis, troubleshooting and optimization; Mill process operations, engineering and maintenance; At least two (2) years’ experience in advanced process controls engineering (regulatory, advanced regulatory and advanced control technologies such as MPC, RTO, non-linear control, fuzzy logic, mathematical predictors/software sensors); Distributed control systems, mill information systems; Scripting languages; Frequency domain analysis, control tuning, database experience with MySQL.
Travel: 50% typically with travel within North America but travel may be international on occasion.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Prepare hardware and software project specifications. Collaborates well and must work independently, makes decisions occasionally in stressful conditions. Ability to form professional relationships with customers and employees and communication skills are critical. Self-managed style and able to routinely prioritize and organize work.
As a global employer, Valmet offers the opportunities to work with colleagues in North America and abroad. You'll be able to contribute your skills and knowledge, but will also have opportunities to expand your abilities through professional development. In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance