|Business line:||North America|
Purchase materials, supplies and services required for the company's products and operations in accordance with established policies, procedures and the general principles of Valmet. Also has full responsibility for the timely and effective procurement of all items for small customer projects as assigned. Tracks supplier progress and effectively manages their performance to ensure quality and on-time delivery of all purchased items.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Procures raw materials, subcontracted fabrication, subcontracted machining, tooling, commodities, shop and office supplies, services, and equipment in an efficient, timely, and cost-effective manner.
• Issues and maintains assigned Purchase Orders in computer database from initial order through receipt and invoice processing.
• Develops and maintains competitive sources for materials and services to ensure:
*Acquisition of materials at the most economical cost.
*Continuity of supply, preventing interruption of the flow of materials to the end user.
*Maintain consistency of acceptable quality standards.
• Solicits and evaluates proposals for major commitments. Negotiate price, terms and conditions, place purchase orders and administer contracts as required.
• Develops long-term buying arrangements with reliable sources on standard items that are frequently purchased.
• Maintains necessary purchasing records in order to furnish cost and lead-time data for use in scheduling, planning, budgeting, and other related activities.
• Completes special projects and assignments requested by the Manager, Procurement and Logistics.
• Maintains a qualified supplier base that can effectively and efficiently respond to the needs of Valmet.
• Responsible for vendor product quality and managing suppliers to ensure compliance with the Vendor Quality Assurance Program and Valmet’s Sustainable Supply Chain Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field is preferred. Other experience yielding equivalent technical and operational judgement is also acceptable.
• Basic knowledge of machining or fabrication practices is required.
• APP certification by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) is preferred.
• Must possess computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and project management software.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|
|Additional information:||For more information, please contact Tom Claus, Logistics and Procurement Manager.|