At Valmet, we serve our customers keeping in mind our core commitments: safety comes first, close to customers, solutions to your needs and people you can trust.
We now are enlarging our Project Team in Pescia and are looking for a new Process Start-up Engineer with strong process competences, passion for travelling and ability to push for customers’ success forward.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a team as well as independently when needed, will be able to organize and manage conflicting tasks and deadlines and stress situations.
Purpose of the position is planning, organizing and executing the start-up of equipment sold and to provide customer training, with own resources or with the help of contractors.
- Execute performance test and troubleshooting after start-up.
- Take care of planning, coordinating and executing equipment start-up and customer training
- Cooperate in the definition of operative standards and of the resources needed to carry out the tasks
- Identify resources, outside own department, who can support in case of overload. In cooperation with the Project Managers and Purchasing department select possible start-up partners.
- In cooperation with the Project Managers, confirm and sign the hand-over inspection report and other relevant documents.
- Participate in or lead performance tests after start-up together with Technology Manager.
- Participate in or lead paper mill surveys for trouble shooting purposes in case of problems emerged after start-up, in cooperation with Technology Manager
- Electrical check-out before starting assembly; execute tasks carefully and with a high quality standard, never leave points open or uncompleted; be a champion of quality mentality.
- Collect data on field and give feedback to the department concerned, so as to ensure the continuous improvement of products and process
- Actively cooperate in performance test process improvement
- Together with the customer and the project manager, assess possible interference risks and agree project specific risk reduction measures
- High school diploma (technical school) or at least 3 years’ experience in other areas with close contact with the main products and mill site (e.g. Automation Engineering)
- Training certificate according to CEI EN 50110, CEI 11-27
- Paper machine and equipment/system start-up sequence (rewinder, auxiliaries)
- Familiarity with Italian and European safety legislation (IT DL. 81/2008)
- Ability to organize and coordinate start-up teams in full respect of safety requirements and quality standards, and within the scheduled time frame
- Analytical thinking
- Good interaction with customers and other companies participating in the project
- Ability to produce timely and exhaustive reports and feedback for other company areas, allowing failure identification and correction with suitable improvement proposals
- Command of English, written and spoken
- Willingness to travel within the whole market area, when needed also for longer periods
- Command of Microsoft Office
- Driving licence (B type)
We offer you a rewarding position within a global industry leader and an opportunity to help our customers succeeding. You will be part of a skilled international team that values your contribution and is willing to support your desire for learning. At Valmet, you’ll be working in a leading global company of 12,000 professionals with good opportunities for professional development.
For more information about this position, please contact Allan.Grimm@valmet.com. To apply for this position, please complete our on-line application form including your CV and salary request at latest by January 31, 2018.
Join a winning team: www.valmet.com/careers