We are looking for a professional R&D Engineer / Senior R&D Engineer to join our Hard Coatings R&D team. Majority of our projects relate to thermal spraying; materials, processes and applications thereof and participation and steering in various technology projects. Our tasks also include technical advisory and support for other Valmet functions.
Main requirements for the position are:
• Preparation, execution and project management of R&D projects in the field of thermal spraying for paper machinery components
• Establish and maintain a good network in Finnish / International research community as well as within different Valmet key persons
• Make feasibility studies and business potential analyses for new project templates
• Participation and steering in technology projects together with Finnish / International research institutes
• Participation in sales and technology support for our operations globally
To be successful in this position you need to have:
• University degree (M.Sc) or equivalent in the field of materials science
• Strong knowledge and experience in thermal spray coatings, different spray processes (HVO/AF, plasma), materials and applications
• Strong experience in characterization and testing of coatings
• Experience in participation and steering of co-operation projects with research institutes
• Good networking capabilities
• Systematic and logical approach to scientific problems
• Hands-on experience in thermal spray product development
• Finnish and English at least at good professional level
|We offer:||We offer you challenging tasks and great opportunity for your professional growth in a global company.|
For additional information, please contact Ville Eronen, Manager, R&D team by email: email@example.com, or by phone +1 608-436-3176.
Please fill out our electronic application form with CV not later than December 17, 2017.
Valmet Finland is a non-smoking workplace.