Are you the new Sales team player for Valmet in the United States?
At Valmet, we serve our customers keeping in mind our 4 core commitment: safety comes first, close to the customers, solutions to your needs and people you can trust.
As a Quality Control Systems (QCS) Service Sales Manager, you will work with the local sales and service team to support order taking and close orders related to this product line.
Want to know more?
• Responsible for achieving assigned revenue goals for major QCS Service Sales
• Manages the QCS Install Base data for NA
• Evaluates and Identifies QCS Service opportunities along with the local sales and service teams in NA
• Develops and maintains necessary customer contacts and promotes all Automation products and services
• Develops and implements sales presentations and roadmaps providing solutions that the customer requires
• Ensures that prospective business opportunities that require expertise in other Valmet businesses are communicated to the appropriate division sales personnel
• Performs audits as required and manages the audit process
• Follows the sales personally when required or supports other sales teams as required to close the orders
• Works with the costing team to make proposals following internal quality system procedures.
• Prepares and maintains all necessary required records and reports such as mill visit reports, sales card plans and forecasting on a weekly basis
• Follows corporate standards in regards to safety and service quality
• Constant communication and availability for all the local teams is required.
• Follow up with the customer during Project Implementation that the system performance is as sold.
• Participates with the Sales to Projects hand-off meetings
• Serves as liaison between the customer and Valmet on any QCS Service project issues that may arise
• Stays up to date on any new QCS Product / Solutions released and maintains deep technical skills and knowledge of the QCS systems.
• Other Service products (profilers) from the QMS product line are included in this position
Skills and Abilities:
• A Safety Mindset is required.
• A strong troubleshooting background with a logical way of thinking to isolate problems is required.
• Understands Electro / Mechanical / measuring equipment.
• Has an internal drive to be successful.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Be flexible and available to interact with customers as required
• Be self-directed and motivated and able to manage your own schedule.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, fax.
• Computer literacy with previous experience with all Microsoft Office Products.
• Excellent personal management and business literacy skills.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical (EET or EE), Mechanical or Pulp & Paper Engineering Technology or Two-year technical degree plus 5 years’ experience.
Experience: Previous field service experience is a plus on QCS systems in any industry along with 2 years application / sales experience
Travel: 75% travel across the United States and Canada.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well and must work independently. Often must make decisions in stressful conditions. Ability to form professional, profitable relationships with customers. Excellent negotiation and communication skills are crucial. Hands-on position requiring self-managed style and ability to routinely organize priorities. Schedules the time and resources of co-workers appropriately and wisely. Positive attitude for change required.
We offer you a truly rewarding position with a global industry leader where you’ll truly have an impact on the customer. You'll put your education and experience to good use supporting those who appreciate your efforts.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and Business Travel Accident Insurance.